Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Stuck in Paris

It's not every day that you get the stuck on the other side of the world due to a volcano erupting...but we were fortunate enough to be in Paris, and got 5 extra days there as a result of the eruption! I found myself some really interesting stores - no handbags and shoes for me, I just loved all the beautiful crafty, and foodie shops! On day 10 I realised that if I had taken more care with my photos and collecting business cards etc. I could have done a nice little book. Never mind, next time! Anyway, some of the shopkeepers were a bit 'precious' about taking photos in their shops - so maybe it wasn't meant to be.

Here are some of my favourites:


This was in a very cool vintage collectibles shop in Montmartre.
They had all sorts of little bits and pieces for making jewellery, etc. The website is www.tombeesducamion.com



This was in the best bead shop I've ever seen... www.matierepremiere.fr . It's in the Marais district in Rue Sevigne.


This was our apartment. It was so comfortable, safe, great area, metro & bus on the street, in the Marais district. I would highly recommend it! We had 2 bedrooms, living room, 2 bathrooms, extra living room, kitchen. And it had all the nicest touches - including Limoges crockery, Krups coffee maker, Esteban Room Frangrance sticks & candles, bronze sculptures, and hand made pottery ornaments... as well as plenty of tourist books, maps, etc.

2 comments:

  1. I need to go to Paris, NOW...and Japan...and New York...and...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting these photos and links - I will be in Paris later in the year and will definitely look for these shops. Do you know any more?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment.